Journal Entry: II (12/12/06)

Today is a new day. College is around the corner. I have to say goodbye again. To all the people I’ve built relationships with and all my accomplishments and things I’ve overcome and conquered in Ridgefield. I must leave these behind and start again. Is that what life is, a series of chapters and challenges for us to overcome? When you have prevailed you must start again. That’s how humans were built, to never be satisfied. If I leave Ridgefield with regrets and skeletons in my closet can I still move on? “Forget regret, or life is yours to miss”. I will swear to burn all the bridges I have crossed so that I can never revert to past problems. There is only room for growth. I will never go back to Ridgefield being the same. Would that be a good thing though? I of course will never forget how I crossed my ‘bridges’. Those are important lessons and accomplishments that I will carry forever so that I never have to go back. Fall 2007 will be my second chapter. My entire life up until then is predictable and cliché. I’ve delt with so many of the same things over and over. I shouldn’t have to look at my fair childhood and my disturbed adolescence. I have grown up. Those are the words I leave to Chapter 1 of my life. May I never have to go or look back. Books are only good read once.

"The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future,
there is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us,
there's only this
Forget regret,
or life is yours to miss
No other road,
no other way
No day but today."

No comments: