Distance.


What do you do when you feel like your losing control of what you want to keep the most? Most of my friends have fled the area to go to college and what not, but I'm scared because everyone is making lives to far from home that they're coming home less and less. I of course know I'm not forgotten, but more pushed aside and falling down in my friends best friends. I hate that people make new friends. I know its just jealousy and frustration but i don't know what to do. I can't say I'm not guilty of this myself, going to school a little bit, getting a job again. Its hard to make the time for everyone. I feel like i have at least 10 best friends that i care about, but i feel like i don't get to see them as much as i want to. I don't know if i should be rude to them. I don't want to strongly voice my opinion because i don't want to deter anyone from an experience that i don't have, i can say that if i was in their shoes i would be traveling and exploring. I'm very comfortable with everything staying the same though, i like fairfield county and the friends i have here. Ive made some friends in the rhs class of 08, but next year ill probably be here again, and they're all leaving again. Its hard to invest my time into people and build relationships that just have to take the toll of distance when college comes around the corner. So, at what point do you let your friends go and take these great opportunities at the expense of your friendships? How can you keep from feeling abandoned?

No comments: