Stay Together for the Kids.

It's hard to wake up, when the shades have been pulled shut. This house is haunted, it's so pathetic, it makes no sense at all. I'm ripe with things to say. The words rot and fall away. If a stupid poem could fix this home I'd read it every day. So here's your holiday. Hope you enjoy it this time. You gave it all away. It was mine. So when you're dead and gone. Will you remember this night, twenty years now lost? It's not right. Their anger hurts my ears. Been running strong for seven years. Rather than fix the problems, they never solve them. It makes no sense at all. I see them every day. We get along so why can't they? If this is what he wants and this is what she wants then why is there so much pain?
I'm living in broken home. My parents dont talk. My dads girlfriend is an idiot, her daughter is strange. We have no family here. Just tennants in a building. I dont talk to My dads girlfriend or her daughter and i bairly talk to my father. My mother is gone in norwalk and in her mid life she has reverted back to being a teenage selfish everythings about me state because she was in a depriving relationship with my father. So now she gets to do what she wants. Im not a child. I havent been a child since i was 13. My father doesnt make dinner. I cook, do my laundry, pay my bills, have a job. Its ridiculous. Why is he even in my life? Its not fair that after they got divorced i was put on a back burner at such a young age. Its been like 5 years since the divorce and nothings changed. I went to the movies with dana and her father the other night. My friends parents are nicer to me than my own father. Her grandmother invited me into their home for easter and even made me an easter basket. I dont know. My father shows nothing to lead me to believe he cares about me. I know its cold and im the teenager. But i was abandoned by them and forced to live on my own since i was like 13. I want to revert and be taken care of and comforted when things go wrong. He couldnt name 3 things that are important to me. I know its because i also shut him out and dont give him anything. Im cold to him because im an adult now and im set in my ways. He lost his chance forever. Hes better off dead. Its hard to remember the times when we sat down to dinner when i was younger and my mother and father could be in the same room. The times during the holidays for family pictures. I dont know, it would be nice if they would talk. Just for me.

No comments: