I Think I Lost a Piece of Myself Along The Way.


My {old} Kitchen My {old} Bedroom
What do you call when your unremitting fear is challenged? Graduating this year is a leap for me. it’s a leap into what is, or what should be my adulthood. I look at myself and my decisions, and this year and the past couple of years haven’t been exactly how I imagined. I don’t know. I think I set myself up for destruction. I think that I set goals that are below my achievement so I don’t disappoint myself. Even this, analyzing myself. I know what’s wrong I just cant change. You know when you need to be approved by the people around you, you act as you feel you should. In some sense that could be a good quality, to adapt to your surroundings, but somewhere in my young teens, I lost myself. I think it was when I moved to Ridgefield. The kids I was friends with in Wilton knew who I was, they know who I am. I grew up with my friends in Wilton, I had known all of them as long as I could remember. I moved to Ridgefield and rather than understanding my environment, just adapted to it. I changed who I was and maybe just became a new person in Ridgefield. I guess it’s a good thing to reinvent yourself every once in a while. I left Wilton, and I left all my problems as a child, and all my bad memories in my childhood home that burnt down. They had burned with it. I had to find a new me I guess. When you have a story as deep and real as mine, its nice to lose some of yourself in a change.





No comments: